Starter will not crank, but solenoid clicks

Starter will not crank, but solenoid clicks

Home Page Forums Support forum Installation problems Starter will not crank, but solenoid clicks

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  faelanstevie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

faelanstevie
    Participant

Hello,

I have a ’92 240sc with the 454. When I turn the key to start, I get a click from the solenoid but the starter does not engage. After several turns of the key (maybe a dozen sometimes more) the starter will engage. Once it starts cranking, the starter usually stays engaged until the engine starts. Warm or cold, I normally have the same experience to start the engine. This week I removed the leads from the battery and ignition switch from the solenoid to look for corrosion. Found none but scrubbed them up anyway. I have checked the ground connection on the engine block and it is clean and tight (I didn’t remove it). Starter/solenoid was replaced about 5 seasons ago, so I figured this to be a problem with the connection at the solenoid. Since that doesn’t seem to be the issue I am not sure what to try next. Any suggestions??

Please help

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48144
    Promo video production company

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.